- Texas ranks 5th in the US for 2020*
- New York
- Texas is 4.4% of the Workers’ Comp market for the US. down slightly from the 4.7% market share in 2019. Overall, US premiums were down to $50.6 billion from $53 billion in 2019
- Direct Written Premium (DWP) for 2020 – $2.24 billion
- Direct Written Premium for US – $50.6 billion
- In 2021, there were 100 groups (317 companies) that had direct written premiums for workers’ compensation in Texas.
- While DWP stayed relatively the same at $2.2 billion in 2021 the number of policies written decreased by 13,133 (from 263,591 in 2020 to 276,724 in 2021)
- There was a $31.5 million increase in Direct Losses in 2021, from $895,278,875 to $926,792,079
- Top 10 groups for direct written premiums in Texas – The top 10 insurance company groups write about 76% of the market in Texas.
- The top writer, Texas Mutual Insurance Company, currently has 42% of the market.
*Triple I Insurance Facts
*Service Life Group was previously ranked 13 and is now ranked 8, BCBS of Michigan Group fell out of the top 10 after being ranked 10 last year and is now ranked 12.